I'm currently back in LA, which is where I was when I started cool things, and I realized I have yet to make this formal announcement to the group:
Starting in September, I'll be bi-coastal between NYC / LA, spending about 3 weeks a month in LA & 1 week in NYC. NYC folks: we have a guest room and a hot tub, and your presence in both is required at some point over the next year. Website coming soon. LA folks: I'm starting a games night. Get ready!
Now onto other cool things:
- In direct contrast to the TED piece I sent out a few weeks ago, not all charities are good. In fact, some are really, really, awful.
- This didn't get much press, I have friends in Portland with kids that hadn't heard about it, but Oregon is rocking it with trying to figure out this student debt thing.
- Rock star to marine.
- If you're a data visualization nerd, and even if you're not, check out this people-centric view of your email. Most days I just want to be a fly on the wall at the MIT Media Lab.
- What if William Shakespeare wrote Star Wars?
- Do you wish camera phones and digital cameras had been around when you were a kid? As someone who had to explain to her 20 year old sister why a picture she posted on instagram last week could get her arrested, I'm pretty happy they weren't.
- This made the rounds a couple weeks ago, but for anyone who missed it: Buttercup the Duck can walk again...thanks to 3D printing.
I'd love to hear what everyone else has been reading / listening to / watching.